Friday, March 25, 2016

Workcation at the Crimson: A Photo Dump



So scary yet so beautiful
My face is burnt. Seriously. I haven't been out in the sun in ages! So sure enough, when I went to the beach, well.. you know what happened. 

BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT.


I mean, look at that view! Who wouldn't want to lay out in the sun and sand and.. okay, totally not sounding like myself now.


I spent the weekend at the Crimson Hotel Resort & Spa. Why? Because I can! Just kidding. Was there to learn about #socialmediamarketing and have some down time with a client-turned-friend. It was a welcome distraction to my ever-boring, all-work-no-play life. So I packed my bags (and tankini) and marched off into this beautiful paradise.

When I arrived, I got really scared of the sun. Like the loser I am, I went straight for the "pods" and opened up my Kindle to read.

What am I reading? It's Everybody Writes by Ann Handley

Foam party at the pool!



After doing a chunk of work, we went for a dip at the pool. There was a foam party going on. The water was soooo warm, so I didn't quite enjoy it.

Crimson skies over the Crimson

Went back to the room, showered, and chilled for a bit before heading out to Azure for cocktails. Felt so relaxing watching the sunset.

Margaritas, hey!


And yes, still brought my laptop with me because I needed to write. You know what they say, "write drunk, edit sober."

Squeezed in some reading & Masterchef before sleeping
Finally fell asleep at around 1am. 

Aaaand more photos from the next day:

Breakfast at the Saffron Cafe
My face
Not much of a view outside room 609
Saffron Cafe
Still hustling. With coffee still dripping from the cup. lol


Well, that's about it. I think.

The important thing is I met new friends - young bright entrepreneurs who are crushing it in their field! And I learned so much!

Til next (when I'm no longer groggy),