Monday, September 7, 2015

Recap | My Epic Weekend



As of the writing of this post, I am still exhausted and could not fully function as a normal adult individual. I'm really supposed to work, but I just seriously need to get this stuff off my system.

Two of my closest friends, Kikai and Maean, came home from Singapore and Canada, respectively, to take part in what was probably one of the most epic weekends of my life. Although... it could have been epic to me because I had been cooped up for such a long time that I forgot how it felt to actually be around people and be out and about the citeeehh.

Friday couldn't come fast enough. To say that I was excited would be an understatement.  I had to stay up the night before so I could finish all my tasks for the week and be worry-free the entire weekend. Maean dropped by our house last Tuesday---a surprise! And she caught me in my "I woke up like this" look. 




Day 1: College Rewind

We had been planning to relive our college days because you know, we wanna be reminded of how cool and kiat we were. 



First, Maean and I went over to Noel's apartment so we could go together and pick Kikai up from their house in Lapu-lapu. The next stop was dinner at Moooon Cafe, IT Park. We were supposed to hit the dinner buffet at Ding Qua Qua but were too late; and Casa Verde was just unbelievably packed (with a waiting list of 11 people!)


Then we went to Pipeline, our beloved Pipeline. If the walls and couches and toilet bowls could speak, it would tell tales in volumes about the time we made really bad decisions but went home happy anyways. We ordered a set of beer and sisig, the staple of a college night out.


Then we transferred to C24. Ha! That's where the nostalgia crept in. Memories flooded back, and I was just happy that we got to relive those moments. It felt nice to pretend to be nineteen again.


We tried something new that night and went straight to Basic. We've only ever heard of it from our friends. I've been there once---for like 5 minutes. It's like the Paseo of our times, only different because the kids who went there were younger and a little closer to being naked. Seriously? Your parents allow you to leave the house wearing a handkerchief over your chest? #bitteroldladyrants

We barely finished the beer we ordered and decided that we had enough. So we headed off to eat somewhere in JY where Marvin swears by the pork chop. I didn't eat; I just needed some hot soup.

We called it a wrap at 4:00 AM. Who would have thought!

Day 2: Wrecking Ball Weekend


It was supposed to be a "wrecking ball" weekend, and we had tons of things planned: vodka, swimming, room party, guba-guba, etc. It was etched in our 29-year-old minds. We booked a room at Quest so we could just crash anytime we got wasted, which was smart because I no longer trust myself. I'm having issues with my alcohol tolerance.

Before vodka, we stuffed up our tummies with barbecue. I insisted on Yakski because Yakski is barbecue heaven

Movie night!
Off to swim!


Really, we were supposed to drink up and party and get wasted like college; but we ended up watching The Love Affair, passing the glass around and letting the drink sit for 5 minutes at a time. We barely got to 3/4 of the bottle of Smirnoff when we all crashed. Apparently, I was the weakest link and fell victim to the cruel claws of sleepiness and old age first. Kikai and Maean quickly followed. We woke up the next day frustrated at not having been able to get drunk. But deep inside, I was glad to have slept through the night.

Day 3: Good-byes

We had lunch at Kogi-Q where we got smoke clinging to our hair, clothes, and other stuff. Good thing we didn't bathe, except Maean.  

It was bittersweet as we parted ways. I wish we could all be in one place, just like before. But we all have to be adults. Adults who work hard so that they can party hard (or just sleep, whatevz).


This weekend might not be anything special to everyone, but it definitely was for epic to me! I was with my closest friends, and we got to talk and share and just be ourselves. 

I have been part of this friendship for 12 years now, and if I would have to go back and do it again, I would! These are the friends that I know I'll treasure forever because we've fought, we've argued, we've dissed one another; but amidst the distance and even when left unspoken, we know how deep we care for one another.

To friendship!