Monday, September 21, 2015

What's in My Kikay Kit?



Choose a girl at random and dig into her bag, and sure enough, you'll find a medium-sized pouch which holds everything ~essential~ in her life. Pressed powder, oil control film, lipstick or gloss, blush-on, and the like.

I'm not much a girly girl, but I do enjoy makeup a lot! I love watching makeup tutorials on YouTube and enjoy reading makeup reviews. My favorite local beauty gurus are Anne Clutz, Michelle Dy, and Noe Mae Villagee. I also enjoy watching THE Michelle Phan, Carli Bybel, and Wayne Goss.

Since I work from home, I don't put on makeup every day. And even when I go out, I still go for a light look. The two most important products in my kit? Pressed powder and eyebrow pencil (and angled brush, of course)!

See here are the stuff I have in my kikay kit:




Face 

I am currently in the middle of a zit festival. Apparently, my pimples won't listen to anything I used to treat them with. I was told not to put on concealer and let my face breathe. But each time I go out, I just can't help it.

I used the Naturactor CoverFace concealer foundation. I just take a small amount and dab it on some points of my face. I then spread it all over my face using a clean, damp sponge. I usually don't go for a second layer because the coverage is just on point. A little goes a long way, as they say. 

Naturactor provides great coverage and is available in different shades. It even comes in the shade of green, effective for cancelling the any redness on the face. (I should remember to get one!) These babies sell for Php500 a piece and lasts really loooong! You can get yours at @mirrorvanity on Instagram.

I finish up my face with Nichido setting powder (Php150) and retouch using the In2it two-way powder.

Eyebrows

My go-to eyebrow pencil has always been Nichido's mineral precise eye pencil. It's a little bit waxy, so you gotta be careful in applying it. It retails for Php138, and you can find it at any Watson's branch. Sometimes, I add an extra layer of In2it waterproof eyebrow color powder (Php299.75) just to keep my brows in place. Of course, I use an angled brush and spoolie to apply the product and manage my eyebrow hair. I've never tried brow gels. Are they any good? Let me know in the comments!

Eyelashes

I have really short lashes! Boohoo. I tried getting false lashes and eyelash extensions before, but it really didn't do me any good because I always forgot I had them and rubbed my eyes. So, what I do now is I curl my lashes and apply mascara. I used Maybelline's Volum' Express Pumped Up! It's super effective and works like magic! 

Eyeliner

Not really a big fan of liner because I have droopy eyelids. But occasionally, I use it just so my eyes would appear bigger. I use Maybelline's Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen eyeliner. It dries easily, won't smudge (well, unless you rub your eyes), and the tip makes for easy application! You should get one.

Lips

I'm a late bloomer, and I've only started putting on lipstick about 3 years ago. Now, it has become a must. I love how a pop of color can change your entire look. I'm totally obsessed with MAC's Flat Out Fabulous right now! It's matte but isn't drying! It's a total darling that should be part of every girl's lipstick collection!



These are the only things I consider essential. I don't usually wear blush anymore because of the zits that are invading the area which I used to call my cheeks! If I want a flush of color though, I use Mary Kay mineral cheek color in Sparkling Cider. And oh, I also bring around tissue and oil blotting paper because I am made of oil. 

Tell me what's in your kikay kit! I'd love to know. <3